Glasgow Winter Shuffle League & Spring Mini-Final

Polo regular games, tournaments etc
mashphat

Glasgow Winter Shuffle League & Spring Mini-Final

Postby mashphat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 pm

To encourage #morepolo through the winter months I want to start a shuffle league.

I'm thinking we record W/D/L, points, goals for/against and averages for points and goals f/a per game. Averages mean we don't have to worry about keeping number of games per person equal.

We'll play a few league games each week that we have at least 6 people (or 7 if we decide a Regis needed) and play DBAD.

Once we start to see the weather improve we'll set a date to end the League and throw a celebratory Spring Mini-Final. A double round robin ABC with teams seeded from the league table. Beers, BBQ and mediocre polo.

If folk are keen I'll throw together a table and we can start next week?

Clemp3

Re: Glasgow Winter Shuffle League & Spring Mini-Final

Postby Clemp3 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Sounds cool. I'm in

mashphat

Re: Glasgow Winter Shuffle League & Spring Mini-Final

Postby mashphat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:08 pm

This link will take you to the GoogleSheet for the shuffle league: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ilyKmucxCCWXTAM7isuN6AgUIHcn5ScYOpB83NKe0iQ/edit?usp=sharing

Only a user signed into the GHBPA Account can edit the table, but the Master Scorecard is editable by anyone.

If league games are being played, someone should be nominated (or volunteer) to keep record of games. Copy the Master Scorecard to a new tab and rename "Scorecard [date]". Record the teams and scores for each league game and the totals for the night in the spaces provided.

Someone will later collate the results of scorecards into the table and lock the used cards so they can't be accidentally edited.

Ruleset is DBAD and whoever is reffing each game has last word on what that means. If there is no ref (only 6 people) there should be a gentle discussion over any disputes until a majority agree a course of action.

Most importantly HAVE QUACKING FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Polo”